I stood on the edge of a beach
And stared into the sea
As the waves beat a rythm
And the gulls began to sing
"This is a nice place
But i bet there's more to see." I thought
So I walked
I sat upon some rocks
That had withstood the tide
And as each wave slapped each rock face
They didn't blink an eye
"I don't want to get caught up
In this rock and ocean fight." I thought
So I walked
I came across a tidal pool
Full of ocean life
Anemones, crabs, and fish
A most enchanting sight
"This truly is amazing
I wonder what else I'll find." I thought
So I walked
I came across a set of stairs
That traveled from the shore
Back up into the world I left
Full of cars and stores
"I don't like this world of greed
I can't relate anymore." I laughed
So I walked back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment