Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 18: Do You Know What The Color Of Hope Is?

Do you know what the color of hope is?
I can tell you what it's not.
It's not the dirty gray
Of the everyday city block
It's not the craggy white
The peaks of litter on the streets
It's not the burnt orange rust
On deserted playground swings
It's not the pale gold
Of post its with endless to dos
It's not the blurred black ink
Of prison yard tattoos
It's not the luminous shock of red
Of endless tail lights up ahead
It's not the murky amber hue
Of the six packs cashed just before bed
It's not the puffy purple bags
Of eyes in need of sleep
It's not the sickly green
Of stack of fives and tens and twenties
I'd tell you what color hope was
But I honestly don't know
Hope has left this place without a trace
Many years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment