Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 19: Cellophane Man

I don’t know if I can take anymore
I’m chompin at the bit
Waitin for my time to come
But it isn’t comin quick
Shit I’m startin to loose my sanity
Every word in my vocabulary
Slowly replaced with profanity
Screamin out as loud as I can
Middle fingers flyin high
In my right and left hands
And I stand like a dam
About to collapse
The strain of holding water
Bout to make my back snap
Into two no amount of glue
Will ever mend again
The broken heart the broken will
The shell of skin on this skeleton
Stretched paper thin
Milky white
Thin enough
to let in light
But not enough to show just who I am
So roll me into sheets
As thin as you can
I’m whoever you want me to be
I’m the cellophane man

No comments:

Post a Comment