Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day 4: 20 Questions

So today I found a piece of paper that i wrote a poem on sometime in highschool. It's incredibly emo, but i like the feeling of reading it through.


20 Questions

When I get on my knees
Every night before bed
I get the impression
God missed what I said
Words of pain and confusion
Doubts and dread
So I stopped Praying
Playing 20 questions instead

One. What’s the deal?
Two. Where did you go?
Three. Why do I feel so cold and alone?
Four. Is this all part of some master plan?
Five. When will I ever feel whole again?

By now it’s shouts
That spill out from my mouth
As the anger rises
And the heart starts to pound

Six. How can I believe in the things that you said?
Seven. You got a reason I shouldn’t wish I was dead?
Eight. What is my purpose?
Nine. Where do I go?
I want to believe but my faith has run low.
Ten. Why can’t you prove that you really exist?
Eleven. How do I deal with the doubts on my lips?
Twelve. Is this a test?
Thirteen. Some kind of sick joke?
Fourteen. How do I keep from losing all hope?
Fifteen. Why do I cry myself to sleep every night?
Sixteen. Am I really that insignificant when viewed through your eyes?
Seventeen. How can I continue when the race is so long?
Eighteen. Where do I find the strength to be strong?
Nineteen. Have you heard what I said?
I scream through the tears

….where are you…..?
He responds, “I’m right here”

No comments:

Post a Comment