How am I supposed to praise
And sing songs of joy and gladness
When I see the world you made
And how full it is of sadness
When I see children
Getting raped and beaten
When I see junkies
In alleyways fiending
When I see a family
With a father never there
Children joining gangs
And a mother that doesn't care
And nobody tries to fight it
They take it keeping quiet
They crumple with the world around
As it's slowly set on fire
It's a nation masturbatin
Strokin it's own ego
Collective self gratification
The only thing that they know
I wish that it were different
Why can it not be so
I'm doing what I can
But I'm slowly losing hope
Hold me up to the light
Watch me shine just as bright
As all the stars and the moons
And the Suns in the sky
Before I get snuffed
By this world, it's too much
And I'm worried that I won't make it
I'll be extinguished. Puff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment