Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 191: Like a misty breath I'm gone

And on these cold winter nights
I can see my own breath
It makes me laugh cause I know
It's got more substance than I do.
No matter what I try to
I can't ever find the finish
So I quit when it gets to be
More than I can manage
I'm at a disadvantage
Not knowing who I am
I'm transparent as the frosty breath
I just exhaled again
If I could figure who I am
I could know what to do
But I keep staring at the mirror
Waiting to come in to view
A frosty breeze blows
And it sends my breath swirling
Unfurling me to the core
Knowing it's more than I deserve
I'm unnerved at the thought
That I'm about to disappear
Forever to be forgotten
Like I was never hear
And as the night gets colder
The breeze gets bolder
My boots make less of a dent
In the snowy road's shoulder
I'm starting to lose the sound
Of my feet pounding the ground
I look around and realize nothings left
My clothes are crumpled all around
I exhaled my last breath
And my essence just went with it
I'm swirling in the sky
As my mist becomes indeterminate
I'm fading quick
This is it
I'm beginning to disappear
I just wish
I'd made a difference
So someone would know that I was here

No comments:

Post a Comment