Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 197: I'm Lost

I'm lost...
But I think I'm ok with it.

I used to worry when my course was not mapped
When the path's I walked were new to the grass
And when I looked over my shoulder I saw no way back

But now I'm at peace
The echo's of my breath against the trees
Calm me like my mother's heart beat

And I'm all alone
And though I'm miles from my family and home
I have no desire to return to what I've known

I'll just lie here on my back
Make my bed against the grass
Let the darkness hold me in it's grasp

I fought this for so long
My conscience crushed thinking it was wrong
Until finally I succumbed losing all my numb

I squeezed my eyes tight
Shutting out all traces of light
Bracing for the impact, the bite

But it never came
It turns out I'm just the same
Only I'm not fatigued by the strain

Of holding out
I'm just on my own
I'm lost
But I think
That this is where I prefer to be

No comments:

Post a Comment