Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 189: I need no beat

I wrote this verse without a beat
To turn up the heat
Let my heart play the kick
Share the rhythmic lick that runs through me
Undo me
Let me fall apart
Wrapped up in dusk
As the day turns to dark
Unimpressed with what I've seen
I'm changing the name of the game
At the end of it all only original
Rhymes will be allowed in play
My rhymes come straight from my life
I package them for you to hold
And the winters of my discontent
Might warm you to your soul
Poetic verse
Diary hearse
I'll pour my very heart onto this page
Until I feel it hurt
Then I'll push right through the pain
Until I'm an empty shell
And the messed up hell I call my thoughts
Will begin to order themselves
My release will be
In the form of calligraphy
A phoenix reborn
In the flames of tragedy
And from this fiery furnace
I'll burn away the worthless
Chaff that loads my back
Causing this crooked backbone to surface
Straighter than
A razors edge
A tightrope walk
On a canyon ledge
The courage I need despite the pain
To continue to push ahead
My verse will be out lastin me
Keepin posers from passin me
I wrote to the beat of my heart
Genuinely for the world to read

No comments:

Post a Comment