Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 163: I Saw the Hurtful Words

Sorry this is late. I was down in binghamton hanging out with a freind i hadn't seen in a while and didn't have my computer with me.

I Saw The Hurtful Words


I saw the hurtful words
Spewn from towers ramparts
From patriarchal archer loops
They pierced the son's heart

Struck on the battle field
He could not show his wounds
So faking thicker skin
He marched on urging the troops


The king could not see
That his own arrow struck his son
So he continued shouting orders
Urging the battle on

But a keener eye amongst his ranks
Saw the bloody trail
Trickle from his wounded heart
Exposing his generals tale.

He wrote it down in poetic form
For all the world to read
Hoping his friend had not been struck in vain
Hoping the king would see.

No comments:

Post a Comment