I want to be fearless
I want to be free
From the rubber necking
Over the shoulder checking
Every second expecting
To be jumped by something
Or someone,
Immaterial, spectral
Epithelial, close behind
I live in terror
Jumping when the creaking house says jump
Running when the lights go out
Hiding until I'm allowed to leave
Until the sun comes up
But I breathe
Calm the adrenaline frenzy
Just a second longer
Knocking at the knees
Just a breath longer
Shaking uncontrollably
And see
That I am safe
I am safe indeed
The ghost is nothing more
Than the shadow of the tree
The beast is nothing more
Than the squirrels all scampering
And the evil thief
Coming after me
Is just the delivery man
I want to be fearless
So fearless I will be
If I feel over whelmed
I just need to breathe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment