I've been knocked off balance
I've been bucked from the horse
But I'll be damned if life succeeds at
Throwing me off of my course
My path has been set
Haven't slept since the start
Now I take every step
Like I'm fumbling in the dark
Cause there ain't so sun
In the hustle of the day
Just the shadows from the building
Blocking out the sun's ray
And the disgusting path I follow
Etched in dirty sidewalk gray
That's been sucking at my soles
Trying to steal my color away
But they can't have it
It's what sets me apart
A gray matter mass wrapped in pink flesh
A walking piece of art
What once a weakness
Is now a source of strength
My longer mentality
Let me break away
From the herd and the words
They recycled every day
Self destructing in their never ending
Fiending for the fame
So I walk these streets
On the journey that I sought
I thought it was about the destination
But it's really about the walk
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment