Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 113: I sat in silence

I Sat In Silence

This morning I woke to silence
A pin drop silent morning
A heart beat in my ears type quiet
That would not endure ignoring

The shower woke me up
The heat, the steam, the boom
The droplets crashing sounded like
A waterfall in the room

As I stepped out of the shower
I heard the steam escaping
Thanking me for their release
They waved while dissipating

I dressed and came to sit
At my kitchen table
As my coffee dripped and sang
As loud as it was able

And once the drip was done
I sat with cup in hand
And listened to the silence
And began to understand

The beauty that I miss
As I pollute my space
With mindless noise and careless words
I conjure just to waste

People fear the silence
Because it shouts and screams
Who you really are
The you your friends don't see

The silence spoke to me that morning
And the words that it was saying
Lit me behind eyes
As the dark sky started graying

My facade started falling
Washed from the rains above
When a whisper spoke through the quiet
And told me, "You Are Loved."

No comments:

Post a Comment