Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 100: Never Let Go

Wow!

100 DAYS!!!

Honestly I thought I'd be all out of ideas by day.....15 but here I am, over a quarter of the way through with this project and I have to say I am pleased with the results. Here's hoping the next 100 are just as imaginative.


Never Let Go

I burnt too many bridges
I built too many islands
I missed too many moments
By closing both my eyelids
I bit too many bites
Of hand made humble pie
I bore the grunt of hundreds
Of contemptuous judging eyes
But I never let go.

I slipped down many slopes
That I never could quite climb
I built too many castles
On the shifting sands of time
I flipped too many birds
I crossed too many lines
I forgot too many land marks
Misread too many signs
But I never let go.

I loved too many women
Who amassed too many hearts
I lost too many races
With myriad of false starts
I lived too many lives
And wore too many masks
But through it all there is only
One thing that I ask
Never let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment