Hey, sorry this is late. Was working in NYC last night and took in the sites of the city. I had an idea for what I wanted to write, but by the time I got to my hotel room, I wasn't awake enough to really form a thought so this (yesterdays) poem and today's will try to capture the feeling.
Long Island
One day a man happened onto a hill
He surveyed the pasture below
The Sky, The Sun were vast and grand
And here he built his home
A friend of his paid a visit
To this new found land
And with one glimpse his mind was set
And started a city plan
He sent the word far and wide
And people from miles around
Came to this beautiful land
And soon they formed a town
They shared the Sun, The Sky, The Clouds
With everyone who moved in
But with each home that was raised
Each got a smaller portion
Soon the city sprawled
For miles in every way
The people lived in buildings
That seemed to tickle space
One day a man stopped
Before starting his day
And with a gasp, he realized
The Sun and Sky had no space
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment