Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 83: Until My Eyes Were Red, Until My Cheeks Were Blue

When I was a child
And I needed food
I had no way to help myself
So my face would screw
As I cried until my eyes were red
Until my cheeks were blue

When I grew a bit
And had a friend or two
They picked on me and called me names
I thought could not be true
And I cried until my eyes were red
Until my cheeks were blue

Puberty hit me quickly
And I didn't have a clue
That I could be so broken down
By the women I gave my heart to
And I cried until my eyes were red
Until my cheeks were blue

When I was full grown
And seen many an autumns hue
My parents passed away one day
Seemingly out of the blue
And I cried until my eyes were red
Until my cheeks were blue

I lay upon my bed one night
My time had come I knew
And with a smile on my face
I passed serenely through
And there was no need to cry
I'd found my wings and flew.

No comments:

Post a Comment