So I had a small quatrain written for today but I just got a phone call and this old poem seems a bit more appropriate for tonight.
I’m crushed. A puddle of pain.
I have never felt more alone in my life.
Days pass by.
Nothing changes. My existence is cyclic.
Wake up, get coffee, get food, run out the door.
Take notes, read papers, repeat.
Come back to my box.
Get ready to do the same damn thing tomorrow.
I mean nothing. A superfluous cog in a useless machine.
But one phone call changes everything.
“Hi baby, I was just thinking about you….”
My days are full of light and energy
Everything is a new and exciting challenge
Nothing can beat me.
I am the master of my fate.
The strings of time run through my muscles.
I flex and the earth shakes
I stretch and the universe expands.
Nothing can bring me down.
But one phone call changes everything.
“Your brother tested positive….”
I’m crushed. A puddle of pain…………
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment