Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 59: I Run

Sorry this is late. These vacation days are killing me with all the driving and drinking (not combined) Here's a poem I pulled out of the vault.



I’m so tired of being on the verge
Of something amazing
Saving nothing in the tank
I leave it all on the pavement
Trying to find out where my life went
And the day that it left
I haven’t been alive
But I never met death
I suspect he didn’t want me
Because I wasn’t much use
And life was always just too tough
To strap on running shoes
But today I’ve had enough.
Today the waiting’s done
There’s nothing left for me here
So I run.

I run
'Till the sun
Burns me up
Turns me out
'Till there’s nothing left
But my breath
And I Run
And I Run

And I Run

No comments:

Post a Comment