I look outside
My apartment window
And all I see
Are broken hearts and dreams
I see a world
Far far from where it should be
And I pray
I Say I pray
I pray
I pray for my people
The lost and the broken
For my neighborhood
And those without a home
I pray for the rescue
Of the broken families
And I pray
I pray
For redemption
I pray one day
We will all awake
Open our eyes and see
That when we fight
And steal and cheat
We hurt ourselves
And can't find peace
And it's been weeks and weeks
Of unanswered prayer
And I can't take any more
I swear
My hope and patience
Are starting to wear thin
But I drop to my knees one more time
I lift my hands to the sky and cry
"Won't you rescue your children"
And then
Silence
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment