Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 361: My darkest friend

You don't need to know my name
You just need to know my face
To memorize the subtle changes
When the transformation is taking place
Watch the eyes glaze over
Watch the jaw line tense
Notice the weight is shifted forward
Notice the sudden quietness
This is when it's dangerous
This is when you run
This is where I lose control
And cannot stop what I become
This is where I lose my fear
This is where I lose retraint
This is the release of built up steam
Created from burying my deepest pain
I've tried avoiding triggers
I've tried to kill this beast
But I can't control him, can't predict
When next he takes over me
A splintering of my psyche
Lets him off the leash
I tried so hard to lock him up
But he keeps coming after me
I was so afraid of becoming him
And losing my civility
But my fear just makes him more aggressive
In his chasing after me
But now I've talked to him
And realized I need his help
I've let the darkness in
In order to save myself



No comments:

Post a Comment