Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 338: I gave you all

Written to I gave you all by Mumford and Sons

I've said a lot of words out loud that I hope
Never land in the ears of those who were to receive them
I'm driving through the winter night
And in my rear view mirror sits Cleveland
Of into the darkness and snow
Gently covering 80/90
I've you happen to be looking for me
The road is where you'll find me
I gave you all
Switching gears between the tears
The falling snow muffles my sighs
Consider the note that I left on the dresser
As my final goodbye
I'll never see your face again
And it's probably for the best
As I try to find another you
To fill my gaping chest
But the snowy grounds, the know me
And softly whisper it'll be O.K.
And maybe I'll be whole again
Somehow, Someday
I gave you all

No comments:

Post a Comment