Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 328: Emotional Therapy

I was crippled for a month
But you helped me to my feet
You held my weight as I put
Foot in front of foot carefully
And when I could stand upright
With only the support of your hand
You let go of me
To show me I could stand
You said your job was done
And packed up all you owned
And moved on to the next one in need
So I could walk on my own
The pain of holding my weight
Makes me sweat and shake
But otherwise I'd never walk again
And I have you to thank.


Thank you to everyone who has helped me this last month. You put me back on my feet. It's not easy learning again, but I am learning and it will be ok. Pain is part of the recovery and you all helped lessen it until I could handle it. Thank you so much. All of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment