Hey sorry this is late. Things have been crazy with the fact that me and my wife are moving this week. We've been attempting to pack up everything and get out of the city as fast as possible so life's been hectic. Here's something from the vaults.
As a wise man once said
"These words are my release"
So I cough up calligraphy
To keep from tossing in my sheets
Every night losing sleep
It's more than I can stand
All I want is some peace
But it seems war's at hand
In a land that wealth forgot
And ran off with harmony
Moving into suburbia
To raise a perfect family
So poverty moved into the ghetto
And apparently found a home
Quick called up his buds, guns and drugs
To party all night long
So now they run the ghetto
But I've devised a plan
Cause poverty cannot survive
When we share all that we have
So I sit with the kids on the corner
Breaking Bread with Break Beats
Trying to share hope
Trying to share peace
So I sit with the kids on the corner
Breaking Bread with Break Beats
So that they can break the cycle
And let the ghetto rest in peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment